Types of Certification
You can be certified to teach as a workshop teacher, a class teacher or both.
- A WORKSHOP has less emphasis on the physical training although correct technique is important. WORKSHOP LEADERS therefore don’t need the same level of technique as a class teacher. A wider selection of material will be included. This may be to enhance relationships within the group or to explore the meaning of the scripture used in the meditation/s being taught. Material may include discussion, prayer, circle dances, activities that use non-choreographed, spontaneous movement, banners and other props, symbolic objects to express spiritual truth. TEACHERS need to have experience in leading these kind of workshops as well as dance or Pilates training but don’t necessarily need such a high level of technique.
Steps to gaining certification
A By attending a Certification training session
- These will be offered at certain times.
- You can apply to organise a training session.
- Teaching assignments will be given at the sessions to be completed afterwards in line with what is required for distance certification.
- The cost of the training session also covers your application fee.
B Certification Course
- A 12 week online course is available.
- The course can count for credit as an elective in the ICDF Associate Diploma.
- The cost of the course is AUD$120.
Advantages in certification
- Your details and photo will be featured as a certified teacher on the website.
- You will be able to have meditations you create certified and added to the repertoire if you wish.
- Teachers’ cyberforums, conferences and meetings will be open to you.
- You will be able to buy supplies for your students at discount prices.
- You will be able to state on your literature that you are a Certified teacher of CaraMayan and use the logo.
Keeping your certification
- You will need to put in a report every year of what you are teaching.
- An annual fee of AUD$50 will be charged.
Teacher certification is available from Mary Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org